Irish Cottage Life

21 Oct

www.bealtainecottage.com 001The permaculture gardens are very wet today…the rain has been quite relentless!

Never mind!

Lots to do indoors and sorting through boxes of “things,” I was happy to find these lovely Yuletide cards.

Doesn’t she look gorgeous in the snow?

As I am receiving orders for the Bealtaine Cottage Christmas Book, I thought that I would add these lovely cards, as a way for me to send the book to someone you love, with a card inscribed with your message.

www.bealtainecottage.com 035Anyway, you can have a peek, using the link at the top of the page!

www.bealtainecottage.com 025Missy continues to make a steady recovery, though has refined her taste-buds to a rather expensive prescription cat food, available only from Suzy the Vet, in Boyle.

When I refer to Missy as a “high maintenance gal!” …I’m not kidding!

Please ignore the clothes drying all over the stove today…it is rather wet outdoors!

Makes it really “Shabby Chic” style!

www.bealtainecottage.com 026I take Jack into see Suzy the Vet, tomorrow morning, to have his “thumb nails” clipped.

Jack loves travelling in the car and tries to snap every other vehicle he sees on the road!

Which is why he can only ever be walked on a lead!

www.bealtainecottage.com 003Dodging in and out, to collect up the logs, my friend Marian delivered to me yesterday, I still managed to get wet!

I’m stacking them under the shelter of the veranda by the lodge.

www.bealtainecottage.com 018Despite the dull, rainy day, the gardens continue to look colourful!

As you can see, the potager beds continue in their abundance, producing herbs, vegetables and flowers.

www.bealtainecottage.com 019There is never any shortage of work to be done here at Bealtaine Cottage!

www.bealtainecottage.com 021Tree coppicing continues along the north bank, in front of the cottage, opening up the view just a little, as well as supplying the stove with kindling and small logs.

www.bealtainecottage.com 016The fact is, no matter what the weather is like, it is simply wonderful to be outdoors in the gardens, working here and there!

www.bealtainecottage.com 004Have a good week ahead everyone…Blessings from Bealtaine Cottage X

8 Responses to “Irish Cottage Life”

1. Sarah Lynett October 21, 2013 at 7:14 pm #

hallo Colette,have just come across you after putting in ‘ideas for raised beds’ into youtube! Came across you showing us around your beds and I am now hooked!. I have been picking chard, rocket, apples, pears, blackberries and rosehips today, the feast continues! I have a tiny little garden but am lucky to have the use of the garden of an elderly gent in the village who cannot manage to grow veggies anymore, this way he gets the veggies and I get the land…win, win..all the best to you in damp Ireland from Somerset.
    Sarah

• Bealtaine Cottage October 21, 2013 at 7:36 pm #

Welcome to Bealtaine Cottage, Sarah!
      Ah, Somerset…a lovely part of England…
      Your idea for growing and sharing food is wonderful, more power to you!
      Blessings X
      Colette

2. Madison Woods October 21, 2013 at 7:03 pm #

Ha, I thought your laundry drying on the stove were just covers over your teapot and other pot to keep dust critters out between uses ;) I love your blog and next year hope to begin chronicling my own homesteading efforts out here in the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas (USA). I can’t wait until things begin to look so cozy and lush. First of all I am going to focus on my potager beside the house.

• Bealtaine Cottage October 21, 2013 at 7:38 pm #

That’s a great start…from small potagers all life ripples out! my little mantra is, “plant for the bees, then the birds, then me!” Most of what they love I eat too!
      Happy chronicling!
      Blessings X
      Colette

3. airmid3 October 21, 2013 at 4:51 pm #

Hi Colette, please don’t forget to bring some of your little books to Clifden when you return in November. Can’t wait to get our hands on one.

• Bealtaine Cottage October 21, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

Absolutely, Terri, and am so looking forward to seeing you all!
      Blessings
      Colette X

4. wspines October 21, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

Colette,
    A beautiful post today not they all aren’t wonderful but I enjoyed life as it is at your beloved cottage. I feel that way about my house and life too. So very glad that Missy is on the mend. I do know about expensive food too but those little mites are worth it. Its gotten cold here but the leaves are still spectacular. I am going to order your CHristmas book. Blessing to you and kisses to Missy. Carole

• Bealtaine Cottage October 21, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

The Autumn has been longer this year…about two weeks longer than usual, hence the colour and show! Thank you, Carole, Missy is so loved, so thank you! I get so much joy from the life around me, it is truly an immense gift.
      Blessings to you and all you love X
      Colette

Enjoyed your visit to Bealtaine Cottage? Why not leave a comment or use the "Like" button...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,173 other followers