The Heart of the Matter

24 Nov

www.bealtainecottage.com 013

Leitrim Animal Welfare Centre is a wonderful place for any unwanted dog or cat to end up…because 97% of these poor, abandoned animals are re-homed!

Today I visited Christine Coulson, the lady whose dedicated commitment to the welfare of animals in this part of Ireland, made the sanctuary possible.

Chistine opened this light of hope for the unwanted and stray cats and dogs, back in 1997 and has worked continuously, for the protection and welfare of abandoned animals.

Back in September, I held an “Open Gardens” fundraiser for Leitrim Animal Welfare Centre and raised 610 euros…thanks to all the friends and supporters of Bealtaine Cottage, who came from all over Ireland and sent donations from all over the world!

Christine has been quite ill over these past few months and was only well enough recently for this presentation to take place.

I’m sure you’ll all raise a glass with me, in wishing this great woman, good health, now and in the future.

www.bealtainecottage.com 001Back in the cottage, I’ve been busy making cards.

www.bealtainecottage.com 004The theme of hearts is compelling for me…drawn towards the heart as a symbol, not just of love, but of compassion, hope and trust.

www.bealtainecottage.com 003Celtic designs are also a passion of mine…the intricacy of the knot-work fascinates and soothes.

www.bealtainecottage.com 006Hearts and cats…inseparable!

www.bealtainecottage.com 011And hearts and seeds, for the love of bees!

(I will be adding a little section to the top of the website especially for hand-made cards…X)

7 Responses to “The Heart of the Matter”

1. wspines November 25, 2013 at 12:58 pm #

Colette
    I love the picture of you handing over the check I do hope Christine is better. SHe will be in my prayers. We animal lovers need more people like her. I GOT THE BOOKS and I must say if you haven’t gotten yours you had better order them soon. The drawings are lovely and every page has meaning. I am sending one off today to a friend for her birthday and another one for a friend who doesn’t live near me. I can’t wait for them to get them, they will be thrilled. I love all the new products you have been busy.
    Blessings to you

• Bealtaine Cottage November 25, 2013 at 1:09 pm #

You’re right there Carole, Christine is a deeply committed, caring animal lover and bless you for being the very first contributor to the Open Gardens fund. I’s so happy you are enjoying the book…Blessings dear friend X

2. sue marquis bishop November 25, 2013 at 2:00 am #

congratulations! Sue
    womenlivinglifeafter50.com

3. Robbie November 24, 2013 at 3:35 am #

All our animals are rescue dogs and cats….you are very kind. Your cards are very beautiful…you have to have a kind heart to help those creatures that can’t speak for themselves..:-)

• Bealtaine Cottage November 24, 2013 at 10:17 am #

Kindness and compassion bear lovely fruit…happiness! Christine works so selflessly and is a voice for those who cannot speak X
      Blessings X

4. Susan Campbell November 24, 2013 at 2:10 am #

Bless Christine’s compassionate heart. And you for having helped.

• Bealtaine Cottage November 24, 2013 at 10:19 am #

She’s a great woman and a very kind human being…we must support and help those who are driven to help others…love makes the world go around!
      Blessings X

Enjoyed your visit to Bealtaine Cottage? Why not leave a comment or use the "Like" button...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 5,192 other followers