The light is changing.
As it does, a new growing season begins to unfold.
This is the year of change, as more and more people realize, that civilization, as we have come to know it in these past decades, holds little hope of holding together.
I do not say this lightly and the reasons I see for it are manifold, but the main contributors to the calamitous and increasing loss of habitat and stable environment on the planet, is civilization itself!
There is no recovery!
Have you joined the endless queues in your local bank recently, just to be served?
Governments, like mine here in Ireland, are extracting carbon taxes from impoverished people and are not planting trees! Extreme weather events are fast becoming an accepted part of our weather systems…have you noticed?
So, as always with my writing, I move onto the positive, the can-do…and what comes to mind is a simple skills set, that we need to acquire, if we are to move beyond the last years of civilization as we know it.
- Food growing
- Healthcare…basic first aid! can you prevent someone from bleeding to death or help deliver a baby?
- Craft skills…how to make and create from local resources.
- Building and construction, as well as maintenance to keep a home dry, for example!
- Cooking and baking…Home economics is so degraded now in general education, I wonder why?
- Permaculture…encompasses all the skills listed here!
- Fire-making…few young people know where to start and the basics!
- Management of resources (NOT financial!)
- Herbs and the vital role they play in good health, food and body-care.
- Conflict resolution and society building without hierarchy.
- Basic mechanics…look how people in poorer societies keep their cars on the road!
It’s time to start putting plans in place for a better world.
Writing, Posting and Sharing…