As the Roman Empire came apart at the seams, the safest place to be was on the very edges of that dying empire.
I have recently been reading the books, by Robert Harris, detailing the life of the great thinker, orator and statesman, Cicero.
Of all the cumulative reasons why the Roman Empire came apart, endless wars, an over reliance on slave labour and corruption in government appear to be at the forefront.
Wealthy Romans drank water transported through lead pipes into their villas.
The water contained up to 100 times more lead that that from spring wells.
Much the same appears to be happening now, even to the point of corrupt and debased behaviour within the ranks of the ruling elite.
We appear to be not so much governed, as presided over by people we would otherwise be embarrassed to call our friends…integrity and compassion being somewhat lacking!
If you think that 1100 blogs and over 8,000 photographs are a good free resource…Support the work of the Bealtaine Project…
Subscribe to the second website, growing daily and now with over 90 new blogs and several thousands of unseen photographs, as well as podcasts and stories… Visit:
Latest Podcast and Blogs at BCGL…
95. RADICAL CHANGES!…NOVEMBER 2016
94. LILITH AND THE WELL (BLOG AND PODCAST)… NOVEMBER 2016
93. HOME MADE ORGANIC INCENSE…GROWING, MAKING AND BURNING… NOVEMBER 2016
92. AUGURIES OF INNOCENCE… NOVEMBER 2016
91. LEY LINES, ENERGY AND PATHWAYS…NOVEMBER 2016
90. THE SACRED WELL (PODCAST)…NOVEMBER 2016
89. SATURDAY MORNING PODCAST AND PICS FROM BEALTAINE COTTAGE …NOVEMBER 2016
88. SECOND IN THE MIDWINTER SERIES OF STORIES FROM BEALTAINE COTTAGE…THE ANGEL (PODCAST) …NOVEMBER 2016
87. FIRST IN THE MIDWINTER SERIES OF STORIES FROM BEALTAINE COTTAGE : OTHERWORLD MANIFESTATIONS (PODCAST) …NOVEMBER 2016
Or…simply make a donation
Thank you for supporting Bealtaine